Monday, February 03, 2014

Carrot Apple Pulp Muffins!


Do you Juice?  I am not a serious juicer, however, we do try to juice frequently and I usually find it wasteful and hard to just throw out the pulp.

This morning we juiced carrots, apples and a small amount of a beet for breakfast and I saved the pulp to make these awesome muffins….No oil and extra protein!  
 

Carrot Apple Pulp Muffins

Pulp of 4 - 8 medium carrots
 
Pulp of 3 apples

3 eggs

¾ cup of applesauce

1 cup milk

¼ cup white sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups flour

1 scoop protein powder (natural) unsweetened

2 tsp cinnamon

¼ tsp ginger

¼ tsp nutmeg

½ tsp salt

1 ½ tsp baking powder

½ cup sweetened dried cranberries

½ -3/4 cup of chocolate chips ( I add ¾  because extra chocolate is good J)

Mix together and bake for approximately 20- 25 min on 350. This recipe makes a little more than 12 muffins. 
 
 
My pottery bowls make an awesome catch all for one last big muffin! 
 
Nutritional Facts…via My Fitness Pal
Calories approximately 225
Iron                                                                       11.6
 
Perfect for a -26 C winter day! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment